CONDITIONS OF THE COMPETITION
1. The mission of the competition is searching for young talented performers of concert vocal art, stimulating their further artistic growth, promoting of concert vocal production – with attention to works by Mikuláš Schneider-Trnavský and selecting of participants for the next international singing competitions. The 1st category has three rounds; the competition repertoire is less demanding. Singers born: women after 1st of January 1997/ men after 1st January 1995 can enrol in this category. The 2nd category has three rounds with more demanding repertoire. Singers born: women after 1st January 1988/men after 1st January 1986 can enrol in this category.
2. Laureates (1st place) of international singing competitions within the years 2016-2021 are not obliged to take part in the 1st round of the competition but are promoteddirectly to the 2nd round – the same registration fee still applies. In this instance a copy of the prize winnig diploma should be sent together with the application of admission.
3. The application forms need to be sent, along with proof of registration payment, to the address below. The registration fee for the 1st and 2nd category is 50 EUR. The registration fee is irreversible.
Deadline for sending the application forms: 15th March 2021
Payment documents have to be sent electronically to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail
to the address of the competition:
The registration fee should be sent to this account number:
Audio or audio- video recording of two pieces of different style period of your choice - song and aria (max. time limit 8 minutes in total. Further rounds are going to take place at the compe- tition venue (Trnava, Slovakia); in the event of unfavourable pandemic situation the jury will decide about recording / online version of semifinal and final round.
Operatic aria or aria from an oratorio, cantata, mass or concert aria from the Classical Period
Art song from the Romantic Period (max. 10 minutes)
Operatic aria from the Romantic Period
Art song by Mikuláš Schneider-Trnavský (max. 10 minutes)
Audio or audio - video recording of two pieces of different style period of your choice - song and aria (max. time limit 8 minu- tes in total. Further rounds are going to take place at the com- petition venue (Trnava, Slovakia); in the event of unfavourable pandemic situation the jury will decide about recording / online version of semifinal and final round.
Operatic aria by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
1-3 art songs from a cycle by a Slavonic composer
Operatic aria from the Romantic Period (max. 15 minutes)
Art song by Mikuláš Schneider-Trnavský according to own choice
Operatic aria according to own choice
Operatic aria from the 20th-21st Century (max. 15 minutes)
15. The first round in both categories is realized through audio or audio-video recording lasting max. 8 minutes. The deadline for sending the recording is March 15th, 2021 (together with the application and the registraion fee). The recording can be sent electronically to the e-mail address benka-rybarova @hc.sk or by post to the address Music Centre Slovakia Mikuláš Schneider-Trnavský International Vocal Competition, Michalská 10, 815 36 Bratislava, Slovak Republic. Further rounds will take place at the competition venue (Trnava, Slovakia); in the event of unfavourable pandemic situation the jury will decide about recording / online version of semifinal and final round.
16. The competition results will be announced at te award ceremony which takes place during the final Laureates‘ concert on the 29th May 2021.
17. The competitors agree with the eventual public audio or video recording without any claim to commission.
18. Further information or music scores will be sent directly to competitors on request.
1st prize 2 000,– EUR
2nd prize 1 500,– EUR
3rd prize 1 000,– EUR
1st prize 3 000,– EUR
2nd prize 2 000,– EUR
3rd prize 1 500,– EUR
Special prizes will be published additionally.
The organizer reserves the right to change the awards.
The International Jury
Daniel Čapkovič (Slovak Republic)
Peter Mikuláš (Slovak Republic)
Peter Dvorský (Slovak Republic)
Sarah Meredith Livingston (United States of America)
Tadeusz Pszonka (Poland)
Tatiana Smelkova (Russia)
Mariano Horák (Switzerland)
Zdeněk Šmukař (Czech Republic)
Chairwoman of the Jury:
Eva Blahová (Slovak Republic)
Xénia Maskalíková (Slovak Republic)
Róbert Pechanec (Slovak Republic)