23nd Mikuláš Schneider-Trnavský International Vocal Competition
19 – 25 May 2019
Organized by the City of Trnava and the Music Centre Slovakia
The competition is held under the auspices of the President
of the Slovak Republic Andrej Kiska
Conditions of the competition
1. The mission of the competition is searching for young talented performers of concert vocal art, stimulating their further artistic growth, promoting of concert vocal production – with attention to works by Mikuláš Schneider-Trnavský and selecting of participants for the next international singing competitions.
The 1st category has three rounds; the competition repertoire is less demanding. Singers born after years: women – 1993 / men – 1991 can enrol in this category.
The 2nd category has three rounds with more demanding repertoire. Singers born after years: women – 1984 / men – 1982 can enrol in this category.
2. Laureates (1st place) of the international singing competitions within the years 2012 – 2017 are not obliged to take part in the 1st round of the competition but are promoted directly to the 2nd round – the same registration fee still applies. It this instance a copy of the prize winnig diploma should be sent together with the application of admission.
3. The application forms need to be sent, along with proof of registration payment, to the address below. The registration fee for the 1st category is 50 EUR and for the 2nd category is 75 EUR.
Payment documents have to be sent electronically to the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the address of the competition:
815 36 Bratislava, Slovakia
Phone: +421 220470200, +421 910904423
The registration fee should be sent to this account number:
810 05 Bratislava 15
IBAN: SK62 8180 0000 0070 0006 9149
5. Songs in each round of both categories of the competition are at the choice of the competitor within the areas specifed.
6. Transposition of arias is not allowed. Songs may be performed only in the transpositions issued for a competent voice range. The songs of Mikuláš Schneider-Trnavský may be transposed only for deep voice ranges, according to the published original.
7. The competitors are not allowed in any round to repeat a song they have already performed at the competition.
8. The competition repertoire has to be performed in the original language.
9. All songs have to be performed by memory (except arias from oratorios, cantatas or masses).
10. Men and women will be judged separately for each category. The Jury has the right to consolidate the prizes and divide them to equal shares or to not award some of the prizes if the standard is not reached (the first prize is indivisible).
11. The decisions of the Jury is final.
12. The competition is open to public audience.
13. If a competitor does not have an accompanist, he/she can ask the organizer for piano accompaniment.
14. The organizer of the competition can book hotel accommodation for the competitors and accompanist on request.
15. The competition results will be announced at the award ceremony which takes place during the final Laureates' concert on the 27th May 2017.
16. The competitors agree with the eventual public audio or video recording without any claim to commission.
17. Further information or music scores will be sent directly to competitors on request.
1st prize ........................ 2 000 €
2nd prize ....................... 1 500 €
3rd prize ........................ 1 000 €
1st prize ........................ 3 000 €
2nd prize ....................... 2 000 €
3rd prize ........................ 1 500 €
- The prize of the Mayor of the city of Trnava for talented singer up to 21 years of age
- The prize of the city of Trnava for the best piano accompaniment
- The prize of Dr. Janko Blaho for an aspiring tenor
- The prize of the Society of Mikuláš Schneider-Trnavský for the best performance of a song by Mikuláš Schneider-Trnavský
- The prize of Music Centre Slovakia
- The Sharon Resch prize – an invitation to to the competition in USA in 2017
- Prizes of theatres for finalists – either as a guest performer or a guaranteed audition, according to the choice of the theatre representatives or on the Jury's recommendation
Slovak National Theatre, Bratislava
State Opera Banská Bystrica
State Theatre Košice
Moravian-Silesian National Theatre in Ostrava
National Theatre in Brno
National Theatre in Prague
Josef Kajetán Tyl Theatre in Plzeň
The organizer reserves the right to change the awards.
The International Jury
Gabriela Beňačková (Czech Republic)
Ariana Hollaender-Calix (Austria)
Ralf Döring (Rakúsko)
Tatiana Smelkova (Russia)
Jozef Kundlák (Slovakia)
Mariano Horák (Switzerland)
Wojciech Maciejowski (Poland)
Sarah Meredith (USA)
Daniel Čapkovič (Slovakia)
Chairwoman of the Jury: Eva Blahová (Slovakia)
Xénia Maskalíková (Slovakia)
Róbert Pechanec (Slovakia)