The International Singing Competition of Mikuláš Schneider Trnavský takes place every second year in Trnava, Slovakia.
1. The 1st category has three rounds; the competition repertoire is less demanding. Singers born: women after 1st of January 1997/ men after 1st January 1995 can enrol in this category. The 2nd category has three rounds with more demanding repertoire. Singers born: women after 1st January 1988/men after 1st January 1986 can enrol in this category.
2. Laureates (1st place) of international singing competitions within the years 2016-2021 are not obliged to take part in the 1st round of the competition but are promoteddirectly to the 2nd round – the same registration fee still applies. In this instance a copy of the prize winnig diploma should be sent together with the application of admission.
3. The application forms need to be sent, along with proof of registration payment, to the address below. The registration fee for the 1st and 2nd category is 50 EUR. The registration fee is irreversible.
Payment documents have to be sent electronically to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail
to the address of the competition:
IBAN: SK62 8180 0000 0070 0006 9149 SWIFT: SPSRSKBAXX
Audio or audio- video recording of two pieces of different style period of your choice - song and aria (max. time limit 8 minutes in total. Further rounds are going to take place at the compe- tition venue (Trnava, Slovakia); in the event of unfavourable pandemic situation the jury will decide about recording / online version of semifinal and final round.
Operatic aria or aria from an oratorio, cantata, mass or concert aria from the Classical Period
Art song from the Romantic Period (max. 10 minutes)
Operatic aria from the Romantic Period
Art song by Mikuláš Schneider-Trnavský (max. 10 minutes)
Audio or audio - video recording of two pieces of different style period of your choice - song and aria (max. time limit 8 minu- tes in total. Further rounds are going to take place at the com- petition venue (Trnava, Slovakia); in the event of unfavourable pandemic situation the jury will decide about recording / online version of semifinal and final round.
Operatic aria by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
1-3 art songs from a cycle by a Slavonic composer
Operatic aria from the Romantic Period (max. 15 minutes)
Art song by Mikuláš Schneider-Trnavský according to own choice
Operatic aria according to own choice
Operatic aria from the 20th-21st Century (max. 15 minutes)
5. The first round in both categories is realized through audio or audio-video recording lasting max. 8 minutes. The deadline for sending the recording is March 15th, 2021 (together with the application and the registraion fee). The recording can be sent electronically to the e-mail address benka-rybarova @hc.sk or by post to the address Music Centre Slovakia Mikuláš Schneider-Trnavský International Vocal Competition, Michalská 10, 815 36 Bratislava, Slovak Republic. Further rounds will take place at the competition venue (Trnava, Slovakia); in the event of unfavourable pandemic situation the jury will decide about recording / online version of semifinal and final round.
6. Songs in each round of both categories of the competition are at the choice of the competitor within the areas specified.
7. Transposition of arias is not allowed. Songs may be performed only in the transpositions issued for a competent voice range. The songs of Mikuláš Schneider-Trnavský may be transposed only for deep voice ranges, according to the published original.
8. The competitors are not allowed in any round to repeat a song they have already performed at the competition.
9. The competition repertoire has to be performed in the original language.
10. All songs have to be performed by memory.
11. Men and women will be judged separately for each category.The Jury has the right to consolidate the prizes and divi- de them to equal shares or to not award some of the prizes if the standard is not reached (the first prize is indivisible).
12. The decisions of the Jury is final.
13. The competition is open to public audience.
14. If a competitor does not have an accompanist, he/she can ask the organizer for piano accompaniment.
15. Upon request, the organizer of the competition will send information about accommodation options to the competitors and their accompanist.
16. The competition results will be announced at te award ceremony which takes place during the final Laureates‘ concert on the 29th May 2021.
17. The competitors agree with the eventual public audio or video recording without any claim to commission.
18. Further information or music scores will be sent directly to competitors on request.
1st prize 2 000,– EUR
2nd prize 1 500,– EUR
3rd prize 1 000,– EUR
1st prize 3 000,– EUR
2nd prize 2 000,– EUR
3rd prize 1 500,– EUR
Special prizes will be published additionally.
The organizer reserves the right to change the awards.