What is Newzik?
Newzik is a digital sheet music reader and collaborative platform for musicians. It allows musicians to import and manage their sheet music digitally, annotate and mark up the score, and collaborate with others in real time.
With Newzik, musicians can access a vast library of digital sheet music from publishers worldwide, and organize their own sheet music library in a personalized way. The app also allows users to sync their annotations and markings across devices, making it easy to switch between devices while practicing or performing.
Newzik's collaborative features enable musicians to work together in real-time, share sheet music with others, and make edits and annotations. This can be especially useful for ensembles, music teachers and students, and other groups of musicians who need to work together on a piece of music.
Overall, Newzik aims to make sheet music management and collaboration more efficient and effective for musicians. It also reduces paper waste and makes it easier to access and share sheet music digitally.
How to use Newzik?
To use Newzik, you will first need an iOS device on which you need to download the app from the App Store and create an account, both of wich are available for free. Once you have an account, you can start importing your sheet music and exploring the app's features.
Here are some general steps to get started:
- Import your sheet music: You can import sheet music into Newzik from various sources, including PDF files, MusicXML files, and online music libraries. To import a file, simply tap the "+" button in the app and select the source you want to use. You can also take photos of your sheet music and import them into the app using your device's camera.
- Organize your library: Once you have imported your sheet music, you can organize it into setlists and tags to make it easy to find and access. You can also use Newzik's search feature to quickly find specific pieces of sheet music.
- Annotate your sheet music: Newzik allows you to annotate and mark-up your sheet music digitally. You can use a variety of tools, such as highlighters, text boxes, and freehand drawing tools, to add notes, fingerings, and other markings to your sheet music.
- Collaborate with others: Newzik's collaboration features allow you to share sheet music with others and work on it together in real-time. You can invite others to join a "Project" and make edits and annotations together. This can be useful for ensembles, music teachers and students, and other groups of musicians who need to work together on a piece of music.
- Perform with Newzik: Newzik also offers a variety of performance features, such as page-turning options, playback controls, and metronome settings, to help you perform with your sheet music. You can customize these settings to fit your needs and preferences. These are just some of the basic steps for using Newzik. The app offers many other features and tools, so explore the app and its user guide to get the most out of it.
On which devices I can use Newzik?
Newzik can be used on the following devices:
iPad: The Newzik app is optimized for iPad and offers the best user experience on this device.
iPhone: Newzik is also available for iPhone and can be used on-the-go.
Web browser: It's worth noting that Newzik also offers a web version of their app that can be accessed on any device with a web browser, including Windows devices.
What are the advantages of purchasing sheet music from the Music Centre through the Newzik platform?
You will receive the sheet music instantly and won't incur any additional shipping costs. You will pay up to 20% lower prices for digital sheet music compared to physical copies. You won't need to physically store the sheet music, you won't lose them, and they will remain in your ownership permanently.
What happens if the Newzik platform ends its operations? Will I lose access to my sheet music?
You definitely won't lose access to your sheet music! The company Syncsing, which operates the Newzik platform, is contractually obligated to send all users the purchased sheet music in PDF format in case it ends its operations for any reason.